Wednesday, April 4, 2012

My 3 month journey

Well, as you all know the first of the year I was fat and unhappy.  I was beyond ready to start my weight loss journey, yet again.  Gaining 20 lbs from summer through the holidays had me in pants 2 sizes bigger.

I watched what I ate, counted my calories, started running.  For 3 months I have averaged a little over 3 miles a day.  Of course I have taken days off but I have also added distances from 7-9 miles to my list as well.  Longer runs help to keep the numbers even.

Over 3 months I have lost 20 lbs, over 15 inches, and ran over 300 miles.  I estimated when I started this I would train about 400 miles for my first ever half marathon.  I am betting with 6.5 weeks left to go, I will run more than that.  Especially since I have been averaging about 25 miles a week.  I also set a goal to run 800 miles in 2012.  If I have 450 miles done by mid-May...  I guess I can run 1000 miles in 2012.  :o)  Not sure if I will though.

So....  I still eat pizza, I still grab a Starbucks Mocha, I still eat chocolate.  I just do so in moderation and try to workout as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment