Tuesday, January 25, 2011

It's all about me!

I think as a Mom, nothing is ever about YOU.

Especially as a SAHM, very little in life is all about YOU.

Well, here is one thing that I am doing for me.

The last 24 days I have half-heartedly attempted to lose a few dress sizes. I would like to go from a (gulp) size 12-14 to a size 10-12. I know realistically that any smaller than a 10 is probably not going to happen. I was an 8 when I graduated high school, a 12 graduating college, an 8 when I got married.... lets shoot for a 10 after 3 kids.

So, in 24 days I have lost about 4 pounds. Not bad, 1 pound a week. Not great either. I am not a patient person. I do not have much self control when it comes to food. I enjoy cooking and enjoy eating probably more.

Well, the last 2 days I have gotten motivation to try monitoring my food choices. First, and probably hardest is that I am limiting carbs. I am not cutting them out - but if I am hungry, I choose to eat fruit, veggies or dairy instead of my typical go-to snack of carbs. So far, so good. I am a champ at working out. I can work out all day. However, I will not beat myself up if I and the kids have a bad day and I doin't get my miles in.

I have 16 pounds to lose (current weight -181 - goal weight 165) and 14 weeks to do it - by my birthday May 4th. My current BMI is 26.1, which over 25 is considered overweight. At 165, that would take me to 24.5, within the healthy weight for my height.

No comments:

Post a Comment