Sunday, February 13, 2011

An attempt at a crafty mom

So, tomorrow is Valentine's Day. I am working with the kids on making heart collages as placemats for dinner. Since the hubbs is working, dinner will be with MIL and her Mom - and of course my wonderful girls.

We already made the jello, that we will cut out with heart shaped cookie cutters that will become dessert with a little cool whip. MIL is bringing over lobster tails she has in her deep freeze. I will make some sausage for my little ones as they cannot/will not eat lobster. I will also make some mashed potatoes and veggies since the girls like them a lot. I will also make up the jiffy rolled biscuits and cut them out with heart shaped cookie cutters.

Banana oatmeal muffins are in the oven now for breakfast tomorrow morning. Of course the muffins are in heart shaped muffin pans as well.

Of course, lunch will be heart shaped grilled cheese sandwiches. :o) I figure I should attempt to do these things while I am a SAHM and have the time. Hopefully these jestures are making memories for my girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment