Thursday, February 4, 2010

Pizza's on!

So, I love reading other blogs, but I never think that I have anything interesting to say... So here is my attempt for today!
I made BBQ Chicken Pizza for dinner and I would say it was good, at least by a PG lady, a 4 yo and a 2 yo's standards. I did not take a cute picture of the food...
Well, not of the food alone!
Doesn't the pizza look so much better all over Taylor's face?
Both girls ate an entire slice of pizza which is great for them.
Here is the secret recipe if you are interested!!
BBQ Chicken Pizza
1 loaf frozen bread dough, thawed but not risen.
1 cup BBQ sauce (totally guessing at the amount!)
1 1/2 cups of cooked, cubed chicken
2 cups shredded cheese
Roll out bread dough to the size of your pizza pan. Allow to raise but not double. Divide BBQ sauce into 3 amounts. Use 1/3 of the sauce to cover the pizza crust. Cover sauce with 1 cup of cheese. Use the 2nd third to coat the chicken and place over the cheese. Use last of the cheese to top the pizza. Use remaining BBQ sauce to drizzle over the pizza. Bake at 400 for 12 minutes or until golden brown. Slice and serve!
*I am not specific about things while cooking. This time I used leftover rotisserie chicken (about 1 breast), probably a cup of reduced fat cheedar cheese and a cup of pizza blend cheese. I also prefer Famous Dave's BBQ sauce, but there was some KC masterpiece in the fridge opened, so I used that instead. *

1 comment:

  1. It must be a BBQ Chicken Pizza kind of day! I see two blogs I follow posted it today!

    We do homemade pizza about every other friday. I occasionally change up our typical pizza and make a BBQ Chicken. I do mine pretty much like yours, except that I add some sliced red onions and a little chopped bacon, usually. I did a a HUGE batch of BBQ chicken in the crockpot awhile back and I am still trying to use it up out of my freezer when we have this pizza. So, ours is extra BBQey;P

    I am currently on the hunt for the perfect pizza dough from scratch. Last week I made one that was the best to date, but I have one other one to try that I think might be The One;)

    That is an adorable picture of Miss Taylor!

    ReplyDelete