Thursday, September 16, 2010

The smells of fall...

I guess from the cooler weather that fall may have arrived. This morning our house was filled with the smells of fall as well. I got a bag of apples from the husband's grandma this past weekend. So, then of course I asked to borrow her canning kettle so I could make apple sauce out of them (which she happily gave me filled entirely with more apples!). So this morning while only Dylan was awake (and enjoys her "kick time" on the floor), I chopped apples and threw them into a pot to boil. The yummy smell of fresh apples filled the house. I them blended the apples and some of the water to make 5 quarts of fresh applesauce. I even strained some of them and froze them in an ice cube tray so baby Dylan can have them soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment