Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Wednesday Weigh-in

Well, after a 4 pound weight loss last week, I was not expecting much this week.  Hoping for a pound, maybe two.  Well, both thoughts were far fetched.  I thought my eating was on track since the stomach bug made the way through our house.  It is tough to have much of an appitite when your little ones can't keep their dinner down.  I believe that I had a very mild case of this last week, before my weigh-in - so that may be part of those 4 lbs last week.  So, would I just get to it?

Well, this week my weight was 173.2.  Don't look back to last week.  That means that I lost -0.6 of a pound.  Not great, but I'll take any minus sign even if it is little.  8.2 lbs left to lose and 6 weeks left to do it.  I think I am going to sign up to run a 5K that is the weekend before my birthday - just shy of this 6 week mark.  I have been running about 3 miles a day anyway... so why not?!  I also have found a partner to run a 10K race with me in June, so I suppose I will have to get to training for that one as well!!!

I am still going strong on my running 30 minutes a day for 30 day challange.  Today is day 26, so I am almost there!!!  I am a little surprised because I never considered myself a runner.  I have logged 2.5-3.26 miles a day!  Even after breaking my ankle, shattering my leg, 2 knee surgeries, I  can run.  This really just started as the quickest way to lose weight after my 54 lb weight gain with my littlest one.  3.2 baby pounds left to lose!

After this challange, I will do Jillian Michael's 30 day shred for 30 days.  I will do each level for 10 days.  I should be at my goal weight after this 30 days....  but then I think I will try checking workout DVD's out from the library....  if it is not nice enough to go outside and get some air.

2 comments:

  1. You are already doing great with your running! You should keep it up! It really makes me feel better than any other workout. Especially a good jog outside with friends! You should come for a morning jog with me sometime!

    ReplyDelete