Monday, May 31, 2010

2 weeks down....

Well, the husband went back to work. This is day 3 or being alone with the girls. I am not complaining... I did take a few adventures on my own before he left so I knew I could do it alone... it is always nice to have an extra set of hands though. Alex asked me last night when we could go outside and I told her, on Daddy's day off. :o) With a baby that does not like the wind and two active girls that drag every possible toy out, it just seemed like too much.

Dylan is a good baby. For the most part, she eats, sleeps, poops and pees. She gets fussy when she has a poopy diaper or when she is tired (or if she needs to eat and isn't fed immediately). Taylor is a good big sister. I am not too sure she realizes that anything has changed. As long as she gets about 10 minutes of Mommy time each day, she is fine. Alex on the other hand is having a tough time adjusting... She has been the harder child even before Dylan came out though. She has a tough time listening most days and was waking earlier than normal - which entailed naps pretty much every day in exchange. It is getting better, but she has a tough time allowing the baby to sleep instead of pestering her all the time.

Here is my frustration. I expected my baby weight to melt off a little quicker... I am 2.5 weeks out and have lost half my baby weight (27 lbs). Saturday and Sunday I did Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred, so hopefully workouts help.... I cannot fit into any jeans I own yet.... I was in a size 10 when I got pregnant and a 14 still is tighter than I am comfortable. We are seeing old friends from Kansas over the 4th and I am hoping to lose a good deal of the remaining 27 lbs before then. I know my toughest part is watching what I stick in my mouth....

1 comment:

  1. Try not to be too hard on yourself.... it will come off. Remember it took 9 months for it to get put on.... HUGS

    Let's schedule a play date here so the girls can all play in the back...

    ReplyDelete