Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Life of a SAHM...

So, today is a pretty typical day in the life of a SAHM, so I am going to give you a rundown of my day....

Woke at 5:30 because I am PG and about every other day I cannot/do not sleep well. Since I was up, I came downstairs to try out our new treadmill and walked a mile - took me 22 minutes, but I walked a mile and increased the incline with every 1/4 mile I walked. Got done, played on the computer, went upstairs and got some cereal before I fainted. Took a shower, got dressed, did my hair & make up. Waited for the girls to get up. Alex got up first, she cuddled for a long while as we watched the Today show and she drank her hot cocoa.

Taylor woke and had her chocolate milk. Got the girls dressed and ready to leave. Oh - that was not before a tantrum by Alex because she couldn't pick whatever dress out of her closet to wear. So, she got a nose-in-the-corner time out, which is works best these days. Neither girl wants to eat breakfast, so I don't push it because they are both terrible breakfast eaters. I separate laundry and throw a load in before I leave. I hate to see dirty laundry sit.

Left for Moms Club Business Meeting. Had to leave twice to pee (once after the "meeting" part was over). Of course, the first time, my two year old decides that she also has to "Pee Now" as she says. So, I missed a bit due to mine and her pee trips.

Get home and I am STARVING! I wanted to warm up leftover kneophlia soup. Alex wants biscuits, so I eat a fiber bar and wait for the biscuits to cook and we have kneoplia soup and biscuits for lunch. Clean up the kids after lunch, throw the dishes in the sink. Turn cartoons on for the girls so I can switch and fold laundry. I also put away their clothes from the other day. I hate to put clothes away.

Come downstairs where Mommy has some computer time and the girls play in the toy room. Then it is time for Taylor's nap - which we go upstairs for. Alex will not stop talking to let Taylor get comfortable, so she gets to sit on her bed... she doesn't fall asleep, but is quiet and lays there until I lay Taylor down. I then fold the last load of laundry that is in the dryer. De bone the leftover rotisserie chicken that is in our fridge, take out some carrots and slice them, get corn and peas out of the freezer. This is dinner tonight. I will mix the chicken and veggies with cream of chicken and use crescent roll dough for top and bottom crust of a chicken pot pie. Until then... I am updating my blog while Alex watches cartoons as quiet time and Taylor naps.

2 comments:

  1. Don't you know that it is 'bad' for children to watch television and it causes aggression in young children
    <3 Guess who ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I know! And my kids shouldn't be a walking TV commercial either. Maybe I should put a big Dora on my belly! :o)

    ReplyDelete