Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Stocking the freezer!!!

So, last night we did a Moms Club cooking night. We started at 6 pm, instead of our typical 7 so us PG ladies could get to bed (there was another one!). I was amazed that we made 3 meals, 1 main dish and 1 side dish and the girls were only at my house for 2 hours total - including doing the dishes!!!
If you want the recipes for what we made, I will direct you to Kristin's cooking blog, since she already posted them. http://crazymamainthekitchen.blogspot.com/

So, I started cooking meals for my freezer a week ago, and here is my list so far:

Yum Yum Pork Chops
Broccoli/Rice Casserole
Pasta Fagoli Soup
Zuppa Tuscana Soup
Zuppa Tuscana Soup
Lazy Cabbage Hotdish
Chicken/Rice/Broccoli & Mushroom Casserole
Pizza Calzones
Veggie Cheese Soup
Kneophla Soup
Kneophla Soup
White Chicken Lasagna
Mini Cheddar Meatloaves
Mini Cheddar Meatloaves
White Chicken Chili
Chicken Taco Bake
Baked Corn Casserole

I know that some items are repeated. They are soups and the meatloaves that will make more than 1 meal for our family. Honestly, others may too, but these ones are the ones that will be or are already packages into seperate containers.

I am pretty happy that I have 8+ weeks to go to my due date and I already have 16 meals in the freezer. I plan to use these meals 2-3 days a week on my husbands 4 day work week so I do not have to battle 3 kids to prepare a meal. I can especially see where these will come in handy when he is working nights and I hate to cook anyway (to have a meal done by 3 pm). One thing that sticks out to me, that I always forget is that I need to make several batches of freezer garlic bread. The husband loves garlic bread with a lot of italian meals, but I usually foget to buy it!

2 comments:

  1. Every summer I say I'm going to do a cooking night like this when fall comes. And every fall comes and goes without it actually happening. Oh well. Maybe 2010. LOL. It was good to see you this morning. We had to duck out of story time b/c Gracey made a big stink in her pants and I forgot the diaper bag! Take care! Hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should give me one of the Zuppa soups :) I'd be happy to trade ya ?)

    ReplyDelete