Saturday, April 3, 2010

A meal my kids will eat!

So, I had a craving and decided to make it for lunch, but on the stovetop instead of the oven like the recipe calls for. I also halved the recipe...

Broccoli & Rice Casserole
2 cups cooke rice (I use brown)
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (I used reduced fat)
16 oz bag of frozen broccoli
2 cans cream of chicken soup (I subbed cream of mushroom)
Usually bake at 350 for 1 hour - freezes well too!

So, I halved this and added probably 1/2 cup of cooked, diced chicken to it to. The girls LOVED it.

Here is dinner:
Chicken Pot Pie
16 oz bag of frozen mixed vegetables, thawed.
leftover cooked, diced chicken ~about 1-2 cups (I am into cooking whole chickens lately)
1-2 cans of cream of chicken soup
1-2 tubes of cresent roll dough

Spray baking dish, line the pan with cresent rolls. In a bowl, mix veggies, chicken and soup. Place on cresent roll dough. Top mixture with cresent roll dough and bake.
Usually takes about 20 minutes at 350.

No comments:

Post a Comment